Collection and Use of Aggregated Information
theStitch creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns. These aggregated statistics are used internally to better provide services to users of the Website(s) and may also be provided to advertisers, sponsors, and partners but they contain no individual personal information and cannot be used to gather such information. This allows theStitch’s advertisers, partners, and sponsors to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs.
Ownership of Information
theStitch is the sole owner of the information collected on the Website(s) which includes:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an account on a Website.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows theStitch to help you or others be “found” on the Website(s).
- User Submissions that you post to the Website(s).
- Communications between you and theStitch. For example, theStitch may send you essential emails related to the Website(s) and your account (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Website(s), technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of e-mails related to essential updates on your account.
- theStitch may offer certain services that are available via a mobile device or app, including (i) the ability to upload User Submissions to the Website(s) via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Website(s) from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). If you use the Mobile Services, theStitch may store information regarding your mobile device, including your device type and operating system, the advertising ID of your mobile device, location services (if you grant permission), or in other applications as permitted by the functionality of such mobile device. In addition, theStitch may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by theStitch. A device identifier may deliver information to theStitch or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Website(s) and may help theStitch or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Website(s) may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
How We Use Your Information
theStitch uses the information that you provide, or that theStitch collects, to provide theStitch’s services and features to you; to operate, maintain, and enhance the Website(s); to measure and improve the Website(s); to provide you with customer support; as well as to track user-generated content and users to comply as a service provider with the DMCA and other applicable laws. theStitch uses the information to prevent potentially illegal activities. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users. theStitch may contact you with announcements related to the Website(s) from time to time. You may opt out of all communications except essential updates on your account. theStitch doesn’t share your information with advertisers without your consent. theStitch allows advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and theStitch may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes it has collected (including information you may have decided not to show to other users, such as your birth year or other sensitive personal information or preferences) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. Even though theStitch does not share your information with advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser or the advertising ID for the Mobile Services and note that it meets the criteria they selected. theStitch may share User Submissions and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that theStitch is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Website(s) (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences); however, these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
Content and Metadata
The Website(s) are intended to share Content with others. “Content” includes the text, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Website(s). If you do not want us to store metadata associated with Website(s) you share on the Website(s) (such as photos), please remove the metadata before uploading the Content.
In order to enhance their use of the Website(s), users can choose to leave comments on particular articles of interest. theStitch does not endorse these comments as they are opinions of users not associated with theStitch or its employees.
theStitch may launch a mailing list for some or all of the Website(s). In order to sign up to receive regular emails, newsletters and the like from a mailing list from one of the Website(s), users must submit information including, without limitation, a valid email address and demographic information such as location and interests. This information will be used in anonymous, aggregate form only in order to assess general user interest in various internal and third party products and services, and your personal and contact information will not be passed to any other organization. Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list will receive regular emails from the site, including new articles added to the site as well as emails from third party site sponsors. If you do not wish to receive emails from third party advertisers, do not sign up for the mailing list.
The Website(s) make chat rooms and message boards available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Third Party Advertising
The ads appearing on Website(s) are delivered to users by third party advertisers including Google, among others. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here. This site allows third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you and other Internet users visit. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org. Users may opt out of behavioral targeting through the opt-out link www.aboutads.info/choices/. Program for Online Behavioral Advertising within advertising units that link to www.aboutads.info/choices/. theStitch’s sites participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory
Like most standard website servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze user movement.
In the event theStitch goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, or if theStitch declares bankruptcy, theStitch may transfer your personal information as part of the assets transferred without notification to you.
The Website(s) contain links to other sites. Please be aware that theStitch has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by theStitch.
Notification of Changes
Violations of this Policy
Out of State Privacy Rights
How Should a User Contact The Stitch LLC?